SPECIALIZE PROGRAMS FOR THE DIFFERENT AGE GROUPS
There are six age appropriate programs, each program lasting one year. In each program the children's developmental, emotional and physical needs are met. Each program has as one of its primary objectives to teach sport and movement and teach it properly, taking into account each age group's cognitive and emotional capabilities. Each program has an impressive creative component that ensures that each lesson is both exciting and positive.The children are never bored and genuinely love the lessons.
Playball© offers programs for the following age groups:
All of our programs are independent of each other and are taught accordingly. Each program offers your child a completely different learning experience. Movement and discovery (for the two year olds), movement and gross motor skills (for the three year olds) and lots of various sport skill development (for the rest of the age groups) make all our programs age appropriate and relevant.
The Two's program is age specific and suited to this particular development stage. In this program we lay down the basic foundation of movement in order to enable the child to accomplish more challenging sport related skills in later years. The focus of the two's is the child being exposed to a formal environment and to a variety of movement skills.
This program covers the following basic areas and provides a sound foundation for the next age group.
- Introduction to basic ball skills.
- Development of student's enjoyment for sport.
- Confidence to participate in sporting activities.
- Social integration with other students.
- Development of concentration.
The emphasis is on having fun and playing games with a ball so that the child's first introduction to sport is a happy and positive one.
This program covers the sections listed below and provides students with a solid grounding and a basic competence in ball skills. The children are exposed to a wide variety of different skills in each lesson. It is in this stage that they have the opportunity to practice the skills more rigorously developing competence.
- Development of a wide variety of ball skills.
- Emphasis on individual participation.
- Overcoming the fears that dis-encourage sports participation.
- Introduction to organized ball skill activities.
It is in this program that the children are actually involved in playing the sports. Successful completion of this program provides students with the skills necessary to play the game, as well as knowledge of the basic rules related to each sport.
- Introduction to sports.
- Introduction to basic rules of the sports taught.
- Further development of skills related to the sports taught.
- Development of more complex teamwork.
This program teaches the children the intricate skills needed to play the six popular sports. Matches are played and drills used to continue to develop and prepare students for a lifetime of confident and competent sports participation.
- Development of more advanced sports related skills.
- Further development of the fundamental rules.
- Learning how to play as a member of a team.
- Applying advanced skills to a match situation.